Jan 13, 2013

1:42 am of Day -1.

VISIT MY WEB SITE! --- CLICK HERE ---


Today was the day that I left my family in Luanda and flew to Johannesburg to spend the night before going to Nairobi to actually start the Kenya Experience! Yeah, that's it. Let's call it from now on the KE :)

So. Yesterday, me, my sister and both my parents, drove from Benguela to Luanda to attend to my Grandfather's B-day
(83 years old and still like a kid inside! Keep it up Vovô!!!)
We ate A LOT! Food was marvelous and OHHH! The deserts were amazing!

Well, today, after saying goodbye to my grandfather, his partner, my uncle, aunt, little cousins and mom and dad, me and my sister finally went inside the aircraft with final destination: O.R. Tambo International Airport, South Africa.

I'm staying the night in a hotel right next to the airport (and not in my sister's house due to the simple fact that I have an early morning flight tomorrow).

So my plan was:
1- Check in the hotel and drop my luggage in the room
2- Change from shorts to jeans (the night in Jo-burg is not that warm!)
3- Have dinner with my sister and her housemate
4- Come back to the hotel
5- Have a cup of coffee
6- Organize the links on kenyaexperience.net
7- Write and share this post
8- Sleep

Hence, you guys can see that right now I'm at number 7!

Though, with so many expectations and ideas for this month ahead of me, I do not think that I will be able to sleep well tonight
(or maybe I will. Let me just turn off the lights and we will see ahah)

Kenya will be a Dream Come True. For a long long loooooong time I have been thinking about being a volunteer. And I couldn't be more grateful for that sudden feeling that took control of me and from one moment to another I had everything on the way to go to Kenya.
(ohhh how I love being so spontaneous)



With my two bags filled up with (not that much) clothes and (lots of) schools stationaries and toys, I am ready for departure!

Flight no: SA184
Departure: 09h40
Destination: NAIROBI!

My loyal Passport and his cheerful friends - Mr. Bag and Mrs. Bag.

It is suppose to be someone at the airport with a tag with my name on it. I just have to find that person and head to VICDA's headquarters in Nairobi. Then I'll meet my KE's colleagues and supervisors. For two days, we will have Orientation to elucidate us about our mission and other specific aspects that we should be aware of. This will also be the time where I will discuss HOW and ON WHAT I ish to spen the funds (we) raised, but more or that when the time comes.

For now, not much more can be told.
I already miss my mom and dad (without their LOVE, this wouldn't be possible)

Let me sleep so that I get to Nairobi FASTER!

Keep in Touch!
CHEERS PEOPLE,
be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Boa sorte.. meu amorzão :D
    It will be the experience of your life!

    Love you my sister, and enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete